Georgia Prosthodontics Study Club
Our Study Club is open to every dentist willing to learn, discuss, share and debate the latest topics in dentistry. If you are interested in a particular topic, feel free to email us to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking forward to meet you!
Digital dentistry and Immediate Implant Placement:
Synergy between biology and technology for predictable outcomes
Dr Carlos Castro DDS, FACP
CE credits: 5
Posterior implant-supported restorations have become the single most frequent procedure in implant dentistry. Controversy exists on what therapies can predictably reduce bone loss around dental implants placed immediately after extraction. Could digital dentistry and its restorative applications have a positive biological effect? This course will review the current literature of Immediate placement, will discuss the biological principles of an accelerated restorative protocol, how to obtain predictable consistent outcomes and what is the impact of digitally designed/fabricated restorations on the development of predictably healthy peri-implant tissues.
In this one day course you will learn:
- Basic principles for successful immediate implant placement. When to implant and when to graft.
- Digital workflow involving surgical procedures.
- Implant restorations in two visits. Predictable stable soft and hard tissues, replicating natural contours.
- Surgical/restorative protocol that your referrals can follow without the risk of peri-implantitis induced by cement-retained restorations.
- Restorative advantages and limitations.