Yes it's possible!
Teeth in A Day Candidate
We are 99% sure you are a Teeth in A Day Candidate. There are some circumstances to consider:
- Your medical status. We will check your overall medical condition before moving forward. For example: Losing your teeth can be owed to undiagnosed diseases like Diabetes Mellitus and will affect the outcome of treatment. A controlled diabetic is a candidate, but an uncontrolled is a risk. So have your routine physical exam done and clear this point as soon as possible. If available, have your physician transfer any recent blood work to our office for evaluation before your first appointment.
- Smoking and other habits. Smokers have a slight lower rate of success. This is not a contraindication, but is certainly a reason to modify your All on Four to All on Five or maybe All on Six. Think of it as insurance for your treatment. Similar scenario occurs to patients who clench their teeth. Remember, you are putting money, time and physical effort to get your teeth. It may be a great motivation to quit.
- Amount of jawbone remaining. This is best evaluated with a CBCT scan at your initial visit. If you do not have enough bone you still may be a candidate, but some bone grafts may be necessary.
- Commitment to treatment. You are about to make the most important step to your new smile and a complete commitment is needed from your side. This treatment will require some temporary modifications to your regular routine like changing your diet for a short period of time or some more permanent modifications, like an impeccable oral hygiene and regular check-ups.
- Geographical location. It is key to be close to the dentist (or team of dentists) who has provided you with your treatment. Keep in mind that although the procedure is done in one day, it is important the follow-ups while you are healing. Even if you have received your definitive dentures, it is better to be seen by the same doctor. Offers of dental tourism may look attractive by the cost, but managing a complication becomes costly. In some instances loss of implants is inevitable and requires starting the process all over again.
- Age. per se is not a contraindication for the procedure, there are other factors involved.
- Reason for your teeth loss. The most common reasons why people lose their teeth are cavities and gum disease. Non of those are contraindications for the Teeth in a Day procedure.
All on Four dentures (All on 4) ® (Nobel Biocare), Teeth Xpress ® (Biohorizons) are names different companies have given to the most innovative treatments that allow you to have Teeth Back in a Day. It is however, not the only way to do it. If you want to save some of your teeth (as we recommend) there are alternative treatments. Those options should be carefully discussed before making the decision of removing all teeth. Teeth in a Day is a dental treatment that allows you to have fixed teeth in a single day by placing a fixed denture in one arch, anchored to minimum four implants. In the hands of a properly trained dentist it is really a life-changing experience for our patients!
Trust your team at Georgia Prosthodontics – Smile Specialists. Call us today to schedule your Teeth Back in a Day consultation.
See the results!
Undoubtedly Dr. Castro is the Top Dentist and a true gentleman. Dr. Castro understands the problems from the core and treats a whole mouth to provide long lasting results not just one tooth. He has provided me with the smile that I can be proud of and now I project myself comfortably and confidently. Thank you!
Dental Implants and Cosmetic Dentistry Specialists
We are proud to be recognized as members and fellows of the highest dental organizations and to have in our team the only Board Certified Prosthodontist with Fellowship in Implant Dentistry serving Atlanta and Georgia.